Singapore July 2022
Finally the end of the covid lockdowns for most of the planet has arrived, which in my case allowed me to finally take my first overseas trip in way too many years.
As for where to go, well with my two favorite places in asia being Hong Kong and Singapore, but with Hong Kong and the rest of china being still in lockdown at the time of planning, that left Singapore as the only real option.
This long page is the blog style tale of my trip, complete with the highs and lows, plus some rants where justified.
- After a problem with the memory card I brought from home, I lost a fair amount of my photos, so quite a few images I wanted to include in these blog pages are missing.
- I am going back to Singapore in April of 2023, and am planning to blog this much longer visit complete with lots of photos.
- Getting There [sol4.ch]
- Wandering Around [sol4.ch]
- River Walk Take 2 [sol4.ch]
- Sim Lim Square [sol4.ch]
- Fort Canning park [sol4.ch]
- Rain and Shopping [sol4.ch]
- Gardens by the Bay [sol4.ch]
- Sentosa Island [sol4.ch]
- Carlton Hotel Review [sol4.ch]
When most people think Singapore they think Raffles Hotel and things like the Singapore Sling, so for completeness, on my wanderings I walked right past Raffles and took this, not my best shot and taken with my phone, but shows the old colonial hotel with the modern high rise in the background.
As for the Singapore Sling, well as I do not drink, its not something I can really comment on, others however have told me its something which needs to be experienced, especially for gin drinkers.